Tuesday, May 31, 2022

For the Love of Blogging!!

When I was reading Janet O.'s blog over at Rogue Quilter, she was talking about how she had been blogging 11 years this month.  And I thought to myself how I had been blogging for 12 years this past February and how many wonderful friends I have met through blogging.

For about a year now, I have mainly been posting my Saturday Smile each week with a few, very few, posts in between.  I have decided I am going to try to blog more often.  Mainly because this blog is a journal of sorts of my life for the past 12 plus years.  Also, it motivates me to work on my own projects.

One of the gals in our local Guild fell a few weeks ago and shattered her knee and all the bones below the knee.  She is still in the hospital up in Coos Bay waiting for a bed in Portland so they can reconstruct her knee and leg bones.  So, the guild is making her a "Hug" quilt.  As Sally, our keeper of memories said, she probably doesn't need another quilt but she does need the hugs!!  

She loves skunks and purple and so here is my rendition of a skunk for her quilt.  

I went online looking for a paper-pieced skunk pattern and found one at Mary Hertel's shop Made By Marney.  She has some really cute PDF patterns!!  It was fun to make, albeit tricky because of all the angles.  My bother, Kelly, says it is very Piccaso - esque!

For the love of blogging!!

Kris

5 comments:

marebear said...

Kris, Thanks so much for your kind words about my paper pieced patterns. I have been designing for the past 10 years, and loving it! Such lovely customers!

Janet O. said...

Oh, I am glad to see this--your quilty posts have been missed (though your Saturday Smiles are delightful).
I feel so bad for your guild member, but this is a nice thing you all are doing for her! What an adorable skunk, Kris. Nice job with the tricky paper piecing! And I know you didn't have any trouble coming up with the purple for the block. ;)

WoolenSails said...

That is such a cute block and a wonderful thing to lift her spirits.
I am on my 15th year and that is with blogger, I did a few years at yahoo, before that.
I have made a lot of friends through blogger and inspiration from fellow bloggers.

Debbie

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute block, the picasso-esque made me giggle. Oh that sucks she is waiting to get a bed in Portland. I am going to assume they are sending her to OHSU? Oh I love your Saturday smiles.

Chookyblue...... said...

I have made so many wonderful friends thru blogging.......Ive been blogging like Woolen Sails above for over 15 years now.....Ive been fortunate to meet many and also to make such wonderful friends online.....many very long friendships now.........is there such a thing as a cute skunk???
Will be lovely to see what your making.......