Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Well, I am Learning A lot . . .

about what is is like to be a longer quilter!!  Yikes!!  The learning curve is huge and now I am finding that somehow I have managed to screw up the tension.  But before the tension went south, I was able to get this darling baby quilt completed!!


Look at the cute pattern I quilted!!  Baaaaaa!


And I machine sew my binding onto the back and then wrap it around and handset it to the front.   Is that kay to do it that way, because I sew most quilts are done just the opposite.



I have been asked by a friend to share a booth with her in November at the Langlois Holiday Craft Show and I would like to make some quilts this size.  Do any of you have an opinion as to how much I should charge?  They are 40" x 40" finished.

Well, off to play with the tension on Martha!!

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

What a sweet little finish!! I love your quilting motif! I have no clue on the amount you should charge. I always tend to estimate high, partly because I take my struggles and effort into account!!! I'll be interested to hear what you learn about pricing. :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute quilt. Love the colors.

Janet O. said...

That is a cute motif on the quilt.
I have no idea how much you should charge. Whatever you charge, it won't be enough for all that goes into making a quilt--but people would never pay what it really is worth. It is a fine line somewhere between what people will pay, and what you are willing to accept.

elliek said...

Love the quilt and your quilting. I sew my binding the other way but there are no quilt police around so do it how you want. Hope the tension gets fixed and as everyone else has said, pricing aghhhh. You won't get the worth of it but as long as you cover costs and add a bit of profit you win. I was told one of my quilts (huge 90x90 in) was worth over $2000 but ain't no-one going to pay that much. It's probably going to a niece , fingers crossed she's getting married soon.