Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One Flower Wednesday

I got my One flower Wednesday flower completed this afternoon.  This was really a fun one to make.  At first I chose a dark green center but after I finished the green hexie, I put it into the center and I just did not like it.  Well, that created a problem because I just don't own any solid fabric and this flower is one of the flowers for my swap partner in the Inchy Hexagon flower Swap and her preferences are florals with solid centers.

While I was trying to figure out what to do, my friend Regena said "why not use some of the fabric you just dyed!!"  What a concept!!


So, I chose this wonderful mottled purple that just made the petals pop!!  Now I have both of my flowers to send to my swap partner for her September flowers!!

9 comments:

Hilachas said...

Your flowers came our beautifully. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Come enter my giveaway for 100 hexie templates at www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com. Nothing to do but enter.

Peggy

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Pretty! Love the purple!
xx,shell

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Gorgeous flowers! And your dyed fabric was perfect for the center.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty flowers! Your hand dyed fabric is great.

Deb said...

Kris, you are so clever!! Your flowers came out gorgeous!!

Deb

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I an so behind so next week I have to get in gear!!!

Yours is a beauyiful flower!

Hugs, Carolyn :)

Jeanette said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Especially the purple one.

Karen said...

Oh yes, a perfect center for your flower! Both are just lovely!