Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Where Did the Summer Go?

I can't believe how busy this summer has been for so many of us.  Between getting a quilt and kits ready for the Newport Quilt Show last weekend to the electrical work Kelly and I are doing on the house, to all the normal upkeep and everything else that seems to makes the days fly by, I cannot believe a 1/4 of August is already gone!!

I am getting a couple of posts ready with a show and tell of all the gorgeous quilts at the Newport show but until then, here is a peek at the quilt I made (with kits) specially for the Newport show.  It is called Newport Blues as the Oregon coast girls LOVE their batiks.  and it is made with the Mesmerize pattern from BasicGrey.


You can't see the quilting that I did on it but I used the Firefly pattern I got a a freebie online from Intelligent Quilting!!


The fireflies gave it just a hint of whimsy!!  I used Tuscany wool batting that is now not my favorite but it is so light you hardly know there is any batting in there at all.  But - LOL - while I sewing the binding on and my lap was under the quilt, I has to open the window I was so warm!!

See you tomorrow with a Newport Show show and tell!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris your quilt is gorgeous,love it,well done my friend xx

Janet O. said...

Beautiful quilt, Kris! Did the kits sell well?

KaHolly said...

Kris, your quilt is so very pretty. I’ll bet the firefly pattern looks great on it. Looking forward to hearing how the show went.