Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Big Time Sewing Therapy!!

These past few weeks I have been completely paralyzed by the house and my Studio so I have gotten exactly nothing, zero, zilch done around the house.

So, a few days ago I decided it was time for some therapy - sewing therapy.  Now my therapist (me) holds to the professional opinion that when participating in sewing therapy, it is ESSENTIAL to binge watch TV at the same time.

So, on Thursday, I spent the day pressing fabric so I could use my Accuquilt to cut 1-1/2 inch strips, and start sewing them into 9 strip pieces.  All day I binged on old NCIS episodes.





On Friday morning I continued to work on the 9 strip pieces and binging on some episodes of SUITS on Demand TV.


Then on Saturday I finished making 14 strip sets and started cutting them into 1-1/2 inch pieces while binging on goofy Hallmark movies.



Finally, yesterday afternoon, while watching some baseball,  I started sewing the 1-1/2 inch strips into 2 rows and then 4 rows and then 8 rows and finally nine rows to make an 81-patch block.  Wow, all that little matching corners is really fiddly work ~


But I have enough 1-1/2 inch strips to make 24 of these little beauties!!  Now how to set them!!  I would love some ideas!!

The only down side of all that wonderful therapy was that it is too easy to binge eat along with the binge TV and put on a couple of pounds!!  Yikes!!  Hope those little puppies don't stay long!!

Hopefully I am ready to tackle some house or Studio stuff!!  Only time will tell.  Until next time, enjoy life and take a Sewing Therapy day if you need!!  I'd be happy to write you a prescription!!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Oh, I am sorry you have been paralyzed! I know you can get back into the saddle and make good things happen around your house!
I love those little blocks. I always lean toward on point settings, with maybe neutral blocks in between to feature some pretty quilting. A good place to practice your feathered wreaths. :)