Thursday, May 30, 2013

This Has Been a Tough Week . . .

but I finally went to the doctor today and he thinks I either have bronchitis or sinusitis.  So, now on to getting better!!

The day before I got sick last week I went to lunch with Janet O. from The Rogue Quilter and she brought me a present!!  Was I ever surprised!!  A couple of months ago she had been over to my house looking for a varigated thread to do some free motion quilting on a little quilt she had just finished.  Well, I gushed about how much I loved it and look what was inside the bag ~


Oh, my gosh!!  Now those of you that know Janet, know she is more of a dark and dirty kinda gal when it come to her quilt colors.  And I am a bright and never dirty kinda gal - so it was such a perfect present!!


 Here is a peek at some of the gorgeous quilting she did with the thread she picked out.


And the cute, cute label she added to the back!!  Thanks, Janet, I LOVE it!!

The one thing I did get finished and in the mail this past week was my May Doll Quilt Swap quilt to Sher.  These little quilts take me so much time as I am sure you all know and so I have decided that this May quilt is my last one in this swap.  I hope Sher enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.



I am hoping that the rest of this week and next will have more quilting time!!  I hate being sick and I just do not do it very well!!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such a lovely gift! Sorry to see you leave the Doll Group, But getting your health back is more important.

Doniene said...

Kris, that Janet is such a sweetie! Many of us have received wonderful gifts from her loving hands!! We are so blessed!! Your little quilt for Sher is darling - in my opinion, you can never go wrong with a star!!
Praying for health to return quickly!

Blessings

Janet O. said...

Wait--I thought you were all better and now you have some nasty "itis" of some kind or another? That isn't good.
You know you are making too much fuss over that little quilt, but I am glad you like it.
There is some serious interior stuff going on in that little swap quilt--tiny pieces. Is that a pattern or your original creation? Great job--and lovely quilting!

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.
How sweet of Janet to make you this beautiful quilt.
It just suits your style.