Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Been More Than 35 Years

since I have done any embroidery!!  Yes, I did buy a couple of darling kits from Shell over at The Raspberry Rabbits but every time I looked at one, I froze up because it had been so long since I had done anything like this.

Well, we went to dinner at my niece, Michelle's for dinner Sunday night and out of the clear blue sky, she asked if I would like to teach an embroidery class at her Church Super Saturday day in October!!  I said yes, I would love to, but then as soon as I could, I found a pattern and both Regena and I worked on a couple of samples to see if we really could do it!!

TaDa!!
 Kris'
 Regena's

Are they the cutest things or what!!  I guess, it's like riding a bike and we had sooooooo much fun!!  Now onto one of Shell's cute pieces!!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

These are darling. good job. Looks like you did remember how to.

Melody said...

Fabulous work. Both stitcheries are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful! I just started to embroider this year and I really love it! Thanks for sharing your stitcheries with us! =)

Chris said...

They are so cute. Have you looked at Bare Root patterns? They are really cute too.

Superior Threads said...

How cute are those? You did a great job. Congratulations on your teaching "gig".

Ricci

Miss Hillbilly said...

They are cute! I took it up again after about 25 years and I love it. I just keep falling more and more in love with hand work all of a sudden.