Friday, February 4, 2011

Unconventional Yellow Brick Road Quilt

Well, as I was putting the blocks together on this quilt, the blocks were backwards from the picture in the pattern.  I couldn't imagine and then all of a sudden it dawned on me - I'm left-handed and I wonder if my brain just put the blocks together bass-ackwards!!!  Have any of you experienced this quandry??
It just needs a border and then the top is ready to send off to Summit Creek Quilts for some special quilting.  I always ask Sue to pick the pattern and surprize me - much more fun that way!!  :-)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

It looks great. I love the combination of colors.

Chris said...

I have done that more times than you can imagine!!! I think it is lefthandedness that causes us to put blocks backwards. It turned out gorgeous though!! I love the colors.

Pauline said...

Wow- it looks wonderful!

I blame my mistakes on my lefthandedness, I have to match up pictures to my work when I'm making things otherwise they end up reversed!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Who's to know you did it that way, but you? I love the colors and fabrics and it all worked up so beautifully. I'm not lefthanded, but I am dyslexic and have to be careful in reading, writing and interpreting. I took the little test and I am 'Peace'.

Martha said...

Yep!! Lefties unite! I love the colors you used in this quilt!