Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Let's See Now - Today is My Birthday . . .

and I think there is only one good thing about having your birthday 2 days after Christmas year after year after year!!  And that is that the year I was born I was a tax write-off for my parents without all the expenses of having a kid for an entire year!  Other than that, not so great!!  LOL!!

But seriously, I can hardly believe that this is the first day of my 74th year on this planet.  Remember when we were young we thought 73 was ancient!!  Not so much now!!  But it is amazing to me how much energy I have (between naps), how mobile I am (with a few creeks here and there) and how good life is!!

It's fun to think back about all the stuff that went on all through the years - the good, the bad and the special moments tossed in for a bit of flavor!!  In fact, I just woke up from my nap and I didn't want to because I was dreaming about the boy I so loved in high school (and deep in my heart still do)!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or a wonderful holiday that you do celebrate!!  Thank you to all of you that come and visit me each Saturday for a dose of happiness and smiles!!  And so . . . . . . . 


TO ME!!

9 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I wish you a Happy Birthday and that you have a great new 2023 year with lots of sewing projects to share with us and those cartoons on Saturday that make me smile--chuckle or laugh!!
hugs, di
Ps I will be one year older than you in May!!!

Janet O. said...

Happy birthday, my friend! I meant to get something sent off to you--separate from Christmas, because it is just more fun. But it never happened. Look for something in the new year! Love ya!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Happy Birthday! My mom was born December 28, and got married on December 28. So every year I had to remember three occasions/cards/gifts and usually forgot one of them. Now we have a great granddaughter born on Christmas day! God is giving me memory tests... still... at age 80. I commiserate with you in several ways... and enjoy your blog as another quilter who loves cartoons and laughter!
Thank you... and again, have a wonderful day and a great new year.

Anonymous said...

I hope your birthday was so very special! Thank you for the wonderful Saturdays you give to all of us! I look forward to these great charms and often need to drag my husband over to my computer so that I can hear him laugh out loud with me.

Nancy said...

One of the interesting things about blogs is that we rarely know the age of the blogger. I sometimes try to guess, based on content, or home photos, or some other hints in the posts, and usually get it wrong. In your case, I was very, very wrong. I think your blog feels young.
Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope it was a wonderful one.

Janarama said...

I'm late to the party, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Denise :) said...

Happiest of Birthdays to you, Kris!! I look forward to hearing about your 74th year adventures!!! Love & hugs!! :)

Elaine S. said...

Happy belated birthday! I know what it is like to have a birthday around Christmas. My birthday is December 31st. Everyone is thinking about New Year's not birthdays! I very much enjoy your Saturday smile each week. Hope you had a great birthday!

Mary said...

Happy birthday a couple of weeks late. I always check to see your new entry on Saturdays. I guess I got side-tracked with New Year's Eve party planning last week. Thanks for little bits of joy every week. I look forward to it.
Wishing you a happy, healthy, and fun new year!