Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Little of This and This . . .

This is a little counted cross stitch that is long overdue getting finished!!  I started it in time to have done by last July 4th but it went to the wayside.  I have now completed it!!  YaY!

The wood on the back is a piece of old weathered cedar from the dilapidated fence that sorta encloses our yard.

This is what is on my longarm, Martha today!!  The quilt top was immaculately pieced and so the quilting works up perfectly. 



This is what is on my new design wall.  Sooooo fun to have a design wall!!  The quilt is for a friend of mine that I play bridge with.  A couple of years ago, I made a Quilts of Valor quilt for another friend who had served in Vietnam.  I did not know until recently that Don was also a Veteran.  I told him I wanted to make him a quilt but he just didn't seem to the red/white and blue type of quilt guy.

I asked if I could come see their home so I could get an idea of what I would like to make.  I got there and man-o-man, gorgeous home and all decorated in Asian decor!!  Very elegant!!  Thus the quilt design above that I made up.


1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Nice little patriotic cross-stitch. And I like it on the weathered cedar.
Looks like a great design on that quilt. You do good work.
Design walls are wonderful, aren't they?
Looks like you found a nice way to feature those Asian fabrics, and a good solution for a non-red/white and blue kind of guy. :)