Friday, March 29, 2019

A Fun, New Quilt . . . .

At our Retreat a couple of weeks ago where me and at least 10 other gals got some kind of nasty respiratory crud, I worked on some 2-1/2 inch strips that a friend gave me.  She had gotten them from a gal who's Mom had passed away and the gal was not a quilter and my friend did not want them, so . . .

I sewed all the strips together in a Jelly Roll Race quilt and ended up with 2 - 40 inch wide by 64 inch long "quilts".


Well, at first I thought I might be able to get away with narrow quilts because they are for a couple of ladies at the local Assisted Care facility, but then I just kept thinking they were too narrow.

So, I added a strip of 25 patches from top to bottom and now the one (and then the other one shortly) is 50 inches wide and I am okay with that.

White patch on the right side is the sunshine!!
Now to quilt, bind and give!!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The patchwork breaks up those busy quilts and adds a pleasant look to them.

Janet O. said...

Clever way to make it wider without just adding side borders. I really like the effect. Aren't you smart? :)