Sunday, April 30, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitchin' . . .

At our Sew Small Guild meeting in March, we brought quilting and sewing things from home that we thought others might like to have and would be willing to pay for them.  The money that was taken in was to go the the Guild.

Although I have plenty of quilting and sewing goodies in my little shop in the basement, I could not think of anything I wanted to part with at that time.  So, instead I made up 6 little "Binding Certificates" wherein I would bind a lap quilt for $10.00 and a queen quilt for $20.00.

Cute Cathie T. purchased a Queen-Size Binding Certificate.  And I was privileged to bind her daughter's gorgeous wedding quilt ~


Cathie's daughter went to Paris in high school I believe and tshe old her Mom she loved Paris and the Eiffel Tower.  Cathie pieced the quilt and custom quilted the queen-sized quilt  and WOW!!  Lucky, lucky daughter!!

Cathie wanted the binding to be cut on the bias and since I had never done a binding on the bias, I was so glad she put the lengths together for sewing.  She matched the stripes - which I NEVER would have thought to do and then I sewed on her penciled lines and finished the binding as usual before sewing it onto the quilt!!


I finished up the last side this afternoon while watching a cute Sally Fields movie.  The binding turned out wonderfully!!  Thank you, Cathie for letting me part of your daughter's wedding quilt!!

Hooking up with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Come on over and see what everyone else has been doing today!!

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a nice idea instead of a finished piece, I can imagine a lot of ladies loved having the binding done for them.

Debbie

Denise :) said...

Wow -- what a great idea, doing the binding coupons!! :)

Janet O. said...

That would have been worth a whole lot more than you charged for your coupons! Very nice of you.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is so generous of you to make those binding coupons... a great idea!

elliek said...

Great idea Kris.

KaHolly said...

That was a really good idea! How lovely someone bought a certificate, and what a beautiful quilt she made for her daughter! XO