Sunday, December 18, 2016

Slow Sunday Night Stitchin' . . .

A sweet friend of mine saw a gorgeous sweather on an email from this yarn shop we follow in New York City: Soho Yarns.  Well, she is a new knitter and thought it was beyond her ability so she emailed me and asked me if I thought one of the gals down at our local yarn shop would knit it for her if she paid them!!  I emailed her back and said: "I'll make it for you just for the pleasure of working with that gorgeous yarn!!"  So, she is letting me!!  YAY!!

Here is a picture of the sweater ~



Here is the yarn she chose (different from the yarn called for): Madelinetosh - Tosh Sport Yarn in Calligraphy ~


And this is how far I have completed - about 4".  What is so cool about this pattern is that there are NO seams!!  And, yup, the yarn has a wonderful hand and works up sooooo beautifully.  And the wooden needles are so fun to work with!!


I am linking up with Slow sunday Stitching over at Kathy's Quilts - go check out what everyone else is working on!!

5 comments:

elliek said...

Beautiful wool, lovely pattern but it looks complicated on the yoke. Good luck

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is going to look so pretty in that yarn - fabulous pattern and color chosen.

Janet O. said...

I am so impressed that you know how to make that beautiful, complex sweater!

Deb said...

Love the sweater pattern and that yarn is just so pretty and will look great for the pattern. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a gorgeous sweater pattern... looks like fun to stitch!