Friday, September 27, 2013

It's Harvest Time!!

Oh, yum!!  Here's what's cooking at my house.


Last week I went and picked the most tasty plums from the tree of one of my friends and then this week I made Plum Jam!!  This is the first time I have done any canning in like 30 years!!  I even messed up the recipe - now how do you do that when the recipe is right in front of you??  But, alas, it turned out perfectly and now I have gifts galore!!

Today, I am trying a recipe for pear butter!!

 
A few days ago I went with a friend to pick pears from the tree of some neighbors who were just letting them fall off the tree!!  Yiks!!  They are the most delicious pears and so I hope this recipe is worthy of them!!  Stay tuned to find out!!

And remember, tonight is when I am going to choose the winner of the $25.00 shopping spree at Lavender Quilts Etsy Shop!!  I've added lots of new goodies, so drop by and see if there is anything worth a good, informational comment!!

Until later today!!  Kris

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

*LOL* I just sat down at the computer to take a break from two days of making raspberry jam, pear sauce and pear pies. I still want to try pear jelly.
Let me know how your "butter" turns out!