Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Just Learned a New Quilting Trick!!

I was at one of my local quilt shops yesterday and asked if they had the little sand paper dots for our rulers. She said no but that she had heard that there was a bandaid type tape called nexi . . . something that worked real well as it held the ruler good and tight and did not scratch the ruler.

So, when I was at the grocery store I looked in the bandaid isle and found a tape by 3M called Nexcare.  While in the package it did not look like it could hold a ruler up tight to the fabric without slipping and since it was $4.99, I was not too sure about purchasing it.

Well, I did decide to get it and it is WONDERFUL!!  And the roll will last like forever!!


I also put it on my 24" ruler and it works great on that one too!!  Plus, when it stops working I have plenty more!!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for this wonderful tip! I will look for some the next time I'm in the store. :)

JustPam said...

I bought quilty stuff that was supposed to keep rulers from slipping. It. did. not. work. at. all. I am sure this is less expensive than that stuff was and if it wouldn't work could be used for its given purpose. Thanks for posting.

Cindi said...

That's a wonderful idea! Thanks so much for the tip. The sandpaper dots are okay, but aren't as "grippy" as I'd like. I'll try this out!

Denise :) said...

KRIS!! I just learned that you are my Secret Santa!!!! You were the BEST SS there was; I so appreciated all your sweet treats!! I especially am loving the Earl Grey tea -- do you live near the tea shop that it came from? Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! HUGS! :)

Melody said...

Thanks for this tip, I'll give it a try.

MELI said...

Thanks for the tip! I am starting the new year by "reviving" my creativity and am sure this will be a great tip to use! BTW, I live in St. George, too!

Kathleen3 said...

Thank you for the great tip! in the long run, this will be less expensive than using little rubber needle pullers.

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea for those of us who live 50 miles away from a fabric and notion store! Thank You!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. I put the sand paper on mine and haven't liked it at all.

Mom Settles said...

Will it come off easily or will I have to scrub to get residue off of my ruler when it needs to be changed?

Anonymous said...

Use alittle goo b gone.