Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Anyone Working on the Nearly Insane Quilt

by Liz Lois??

Today, I was going through some old boxes of fabric looking for something specific and I ran across the three blocks that I made several years ago from Liz Lois' Nearly Insane Quilt.

When I first learned to quilt about 7 years ago, I learned paper-piecing!!  My friend, Sue Baddley at Summit Creek Quilts loves to paper-piece and she was my first teacher.  This is the first block I ever pieced - Block #13 in the Nearly Insane Quilt:


For the next block I did - Block #34, and chose some brighter colors.  This was the beginning on my journey to the fun bright colors I so love even today.


So, then the third block - Block #40, continued with bright colors.


After seeing these fun blocks, I want to make more!!  Do I dare start a new project??  But wait, is this really a new project or just a very old UFO that is dying to be completed??  Hmmmmmmm!!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

No 'insane' blocks, but lots of 'dear jane' that may at some point be enough.

Chris said...

Projects are like shoes. One can never have too many :) Great blocks.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Not yet but would like to. Have worked on Dear Janes. Taking a little break from them for now but will get back to them this fall.

Yours look wonderful!!!!

Carolyn :)