Friday, April 9, 2010

After all the moving of things around in order to find room for all the extra stuff I brought back from Colorado, I actually had some time to sit down and do a bit of quilting this morning. I have recently joined an International Siggie Swap. It is a one-on-one swap where someone from anywhere in the world emails me and wants to exchange a Siggie Block. Siggie stands for "signature" as you can see below. This is my Siggie Block and each time I swap with someone they will get a block like this one. The block measures 5 inches square unfinished (4-1/2" square finished) and my block has 25 different pieces of fabric. I used the method called "paper-piecing" which is a wonderful technique when one is making a block that is small and has VERY small pieces of fabric sewn together. Plus, the paper-piecing method allows for very sharp points. If you are a quilter, you know how importnat sharp points are. If you are not a quilter, sharp points are critical!!! It demonstrates the quality of work and the time and patience of the quilter. I LOVE sharp points!!

No comments: