Friday, July 3, 2020

I Started Playing a Game . . .

to see if I can clean up and straighten up all the cluttered boxes I have sitting around.

The first thing I decided was that, except for the fabrics I have on bolts and the larger flat pieces, I am cutting everything up into 2-1/2 inch lengths.  From there I can make lots and lots of different quilts.

I take a box of "stuff" - fabrics, patterns notions, etc and dump it on my cutting table ~


Then I go through it and see all the fun stuff that has been boxed away for way too long and I sort through it.

If it's fabric, I cut it up - here is a batch of random 2-1/2 inch lengths (from a previous box) ready for whatever.


If there is a project that I have started, I will keep it out and work on it as I am able. This is one that I started awhile back and thought the 4th of July weekend was a perfect time to work on it!!


I am trying to not to pick and choose - I am trying to work on each box and complete everything in it before I go onto the next box.

I will be working on the pile at the top of this post tomorrow!!  I am still working for the 2020Census but there is a lull right now and so I have a bit more time to do the things I love!!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good luck with your tidy up project, it seems like a big one! 2 1/2 in strips is a good size to cut, I personally dont like working with strips that are too narrow.

Mimi said...

Good for you. I dumped my craft closets (two double bi-fold doors wide) into the middle of the once bedroom (now sewing room) and sorted through it. AT the time I thought ...."what was I thinking?" What I did was make a list of all the UFO's in there and organized all my fabrics by color. I had a four page, typed, single spaced list of projects that needed to get done. It's about four or five years later, but I am down to one page. New projects have been thrown in in the meantime, but it feels good to see that list get smaller every year. Good luck with your progress and determination. You will feel so much better once it is done.