Monday, April 29, 2019

Quilt Show Vendor

I have been a vendor at quilt shows for the past 5 years.  I think with each show I get better and better at staging my booth.  I have never thought to take pictures of my booth but this past weekend, a friend asked if I would text her some pictures so she could check it out.





And now that I finally having a nice looking booth, I am going to stop doing quilt shows.

Yup, I have two more shows to do - one in two weeks and the last one (except our local quilt show where I can sleep in my own bed) is going to be the Newport Quilt Show the first weekend in August.  It's fitting that the Newport show is my last one, because it was the first show I did in Oregon 4 years ago.

I decided to stop for several reasons but mainly because they have become so hard on my old body and I miss my dogs!!  Plus, it may give me some time to actually doing some sewing and work on the many, many, many UFOs living at my house!!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can relate to the 'old bones' in the vending - my last year as well and I am only doing two local venues. ALso, the booth fees have gotten bigger with smaller space - more lookers than buyers because the spacing is so cramped that people cant see or manuever.

Janet O. said...

Ironic, isn't it?
Well, I hope you will now have lots of time with your canine friends, and plenty of time to sew (and how about your home improvement projects, too?). Just sorry it never worked out for me to join you at a show.

moosecraft said...

Great looking booth! A person never knows how exhausting exhibiting in a show is until they have done it themself...the planning, packing, setting up, unpacking...putting it all back in it's place when returning home....it's quite the task! Not to mention manning the booth (while supremely fun) takes another load of energy...enjoy stitching on your own projects....and enjoy your pups! :-)