Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Couple of Finished Projects . . .

Well, I had enough of the yarn that I spun last week to make a little hat ~


Here is the yarn before it became a hat ~


Then yesterday at my little knitting group, this darling little lady taught me how to make an I-cord.  I had heard of the I-cord but had no idea what one would do with it or how to make one.  Yikes, it was so easy!!  And I was mesmerized as it kept growing and growing at a fast rate.  This piece is about 10 feet long and I made it in less than 3 hours!!  It is actually knit flat but because of the process, it turns out to be a circular piece, kinda like one of the little snakes out in my back yard!!


I will now felt this I-cord.  I used 100% wool so it will felt well.  Then, I am going to use it as the handle for a felted bag that I made years ago but never did anything with it.

Here is the felted bag before I finish it ~


It's quite large and not very pretty but I am hoping that once I get it finished it will be a useful bag for my knitting projects.

Well, off to the laundromat to felt my I-cord!!

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

Very sweet hat! Will be interested in seeing your icord after it's been felted!

CalamityJr said...

The hat is gorgeous! You must be proud that you were able to create it almost completely from start to finish (only missing growing the wool, haha). Looking forward to seeing the I-cord and bag finish.

Stephanie said...

What a darling hat, my friend. It looks so soft and the colors are quite lovely.

Hugs to you!