Monday, July 20, 2015

I'm Going to a Baby Shower Tonight . . .

for Willow.  I decided I wanted to make her a little quilt where she could lie on the floor and do her baby exercises.



I think it turned out pretty cute.  I used a Layer Cake from the "From Bump to Baby" collection by Gina Martin ~


And made one block from the Big Star quilt at Missouri Star Quilt Co.  Here is the YouTube video I watched ~



Instead of making the block the conventional way, I decided to use a bunch of different fabrics to get a scrappy look.  The two border fabrics and binding are also from the same collection.

Ok, I am going to share a story that shows my age.  When I saw the name of this collection, I had no idea what it meant.  My cute young friend Ashley explained to me with a gesture of her hands down at her belly which explained exactly what the name meant.  Lightbulb!!  I got it!!  So much fun!!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a very cute line and what a sweet little quilt it makes. Well done!!

Janet O. said...

Oh, I'll bet that was fun to make. What a fun and quick baby quilt to make the one big star and those fabrics are so fresh and pretty!
I only know the meaning of the fabric line name because sometimes on the news they have made reference to some celebrity no longer being able to hide their "baby bump." (In case you are wondering--no, I don't watch Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood.) : )

KaHolly said...

Cute story! Even cuter quilt!

elliek said...

Really cute quilt. Perfect for baby exercises!