Sunday, May 21, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitchin' . . .

In about the 2011 - 2012 time frame, I was taking care of my sweet Father in St. George, UT.  Across the street from us lived this really cool lady.  She was an archeolgist or something to do with old cultures.  When she would go away on an expedition, I would watch her house and bring in the mail and newspapers.

One day she was showing me some of her quilting projects.  All of a sudden she asked me if I would like this one top because she had made it years and years ago and she said she would probably never finish it.   Well, I said YES!!  I would love it!!

I finally got around to having it quilted about a month ago and I just got the binding completed this afternoon and WOW!!


It turned out gorgeous!! I used Kaffe Fassett's Roman Glass in Byzantine on the back and for the binding!!


And my sweet friend Tammy quilted it for me and used a pattern at has Aztec suns on it.  Hopefully, if you click on the picture below to make it larger you can see the fabulous quilting.


I will be linking up with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Come see all the great handwork everyone is doing!!  My favorite handwork is binding!!

5 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Ooh, I love that quilt. The ladies are an interesting print and you chose a perfect backing. Enjoy!

Janet O. said...

I'm thrilled that I got to see this in person. Tammy did a great job, and I love the unique print!

Quilter Kathy said...

Binding is my favourite too!
And that backing fabric is awesome!

KaHolly said...

Wow! What a treasure!

Kimmy J said...

You have good friends, past and present! The quilt and its quilting is beautiful. See, you do make quilts other than "jelly roll" quilts :) Love ya, Mean it! Kim