Friday, February 10, 2012

My First Block in the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

I have joined Donna over at Brynwwood Needleworks for her Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Quiltalong.  I just went back to look at her blog on day one of the QAL and already I am not playing by the rules!!  No wonder the other kids in the playground couldn't get along with me!!

In her February 1st post, Donna sets out what blocks were to be made this month.  Well instead, I started out with Block #1 - Attic Windows.


I fussy cut the middle piece so I have two little birds hanging out in my Attic's window.  I'll try to play nicer on the next one I make, Donna!!

3 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's a pretty block! I don't think you'll get in too much trouble for breaking the rules. ;)

elliek said...

Aren't rules made to be broken? Love the block. Have the book just don't have the time!

Denise :) said...

Kris, this is a pretty block. Did you piece it then trim it to a square? I was trying to figure out how you pieced this and it doesn't look like you went the easy route of using HSTs! :)