Friday, March 25, 2011

Will I Ever Get This done???

This a process and progress report on the sweater I am making for my great-niece, Lauren.  Typically, I do not knit up the front and back at the same time, but I thought I would do it on this sweater because of the pattern.  Well, dang, this thing is taking me forever!!!
Now I know it is on size 4 needles but still . . . .   At this rate I will get it done by Lauren's birthday next March 1!!  I have not made a sweater in many, many years (although I have been knitting for 58 years) but I do not remember it taking so long to make!!

Well, I am just about to the arm pits so I will get to start decreasing stitches and that will help make it go faster!!!  For some reason at this point I am just not enjoying the PROCESS, I want to get this done!!

Breathe Kris - enjoy the process!!!  Breathe, Kris - enjoy the process!!  :-)

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have knitted in oh so long - you are on the home stretch, keep with it. This going to be very sweet.

Chris said...

Slow and steady wins the race :) When it comes to knitting, I am happy to finish, period. I am a super slow knitter.

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

I wish I could learn to knit but I have soooo many quilts to finish I know I could never get any where with it. You look like you have a good start.