Monday, January 16, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitchin' a Day Late . . .

In December on Facebook, a yearlong sock Knit From Stash KAL (Knit-a-Long) was offred and since I have been trying to learn to make socks, I deiced this might be a good time for me to learn and actually get some socks made.

The January sock is Feldspar and the KAL is hosted by Heather Walker from Yarn Yenta.  Heather is also the designer of the sock patterns.

So here is how far I have completed on Feldspar ~


With all the frogging, I think the leg part only took me about 5-6 hours!!  Will I get better as the year goes on?  We will see!!

P.S.  Hey Carol, over at The Polka Dot Chicken, lookie, lookie, I am really getting a sock done!!  Well, that's the plan anyway!!

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

You are tenacious, Kris. I guess I will keep buying my socks. I am not this patient, or I just don't want to learn to make socks badly enough. : )

Anonymous said...

looking good Kris,i think people that can knit socks are very clever,they look so hard to do.

elliek said...

Good luck. The one you have started looks great... you do throw yourself in the deep end tho don't you.Are you turning the heel? That is the fun bit.