Friday, October 24, 2014

Monthly Guild Challenge . . .

Tammy over at Two Tangled Threads is in my Sew Small Quilt Guild and she is the one heading up the monthly challenge to learn basic block techniques in tiny quilts.  She does a "small" version and a "smaller" version.

I didn't get last month's done because I waited until the last minute.  Not this month!!  The challenge was a 9-patch.  I decided to do a vanishing 9-patch and I got the flimsie done this evening ~


This is the "small" version and the top measures 17" x 17."  I used the new LOL collection by Me and My Sister Designs.  If I have time, I would like to give the "smaller" version a try - but just a 9-patch since the little medallions in this one are only the size of a nickel!!


5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very cute!!

Janet O. said...

Look out--you will be assimilated (into the mini world--tiny and tinier)!!
This is very fun! I want to see a nickel on the surface so I can wrap my brain around how small it is. : )

Janet O. said...

Ah, thanks for the new photo. That is small!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my gosh - that's too stinkin' cute! I don't know how you would do smaller yet, but I'm sure Janet O could help you there :) Love the black fabric - it really gives it a cohesive look!

elliek said...

Oh my goodness that is tiny. Looks good.