Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I Haven't Done Any Sewing . . .

in over a week - not since I finished that last diamond commission quilt that got put in the mail last Monday.

But I was downstairs looking for something - canning jars, I think, and look what I came across ~


This is a mystery quilt in the working that I started over ten years ago in a Yahoo group that I belonged to when I lived in northern California - just about the time I was learning to quilt.

In digging through the box, it looks like I cheated and made a couple of the blocks before finishing all the "mystery" steps - I guess so I could see what it was going to look like finished.  Did I mention patience is not one of my finer points??

Well, since it has, what appears to be Christmas prints, I thought I would start working on it and see if I can have a new throw quilt for the holidays.

I think not sewing for that long gave me a bit of a jump start as I am ready to dive in and get going again!!

On a final note, I FINALLY did get a chance to get over to visit Janet O. at Rogue Quilter to see all the darling mini quilts quilts she has hanging throughout her home and she made us the best brunch with a homemade breakfast cassarole and homemade raspberry scones!!  Oh, they were both so delicious that I wanted seconds, but I was so stuffed that she sent me home with extras AND a sliver of pear pie that was to die for.

Its always so much fun to get together with her and makes me want to be able to go visit all my fun bloggy friends all over the country!!  Maybe even the one who lives on Quilt Lane!!  :-))

Gotta go sort out this box fun of Treasure!!  Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks like a cute project that shouldn't sit. Oh, do I see some very aqua toes?

elliek said...

What a bonus! Look forward to seeing it finished. Patience??? What's that????

Janet O. said...

What a great find, Kris! Looks like a really fun holiday quilt.
It was great having you over. Glad you liked the food! : )

Melody said...

Looks like a great project

Deanna said...

Fun to fine projects just hanging around.

Deanna