Friday, February 3, 2012

Oh My Goodness - I Have Been Commissioned to Make . . .

36 of these 10-1/2 inch blocks!!!


A lady from Church came over last week and asked if I would piece some blocks for a quilt for her son.  She wants to put the quilt together and hand-quilt it.  And she wants to pay me!!  Wouldn't let me do it unless I promised to charge her a fair price.  Amazing how prayers are answered, isn't!!

She brought me a picture from an old, old, old quilting book and I made a template so I could paper-piece these blocks.  We chose the fabrics from my stash - she wanted navy blue and gold as the main colors and then we got a premium coordinating muslin to use as the background.

This block will only be the mock-up as my trusty old sewing machine decided to have a senior moment and the  tension messed up.  Bad enough that I could just pull on the end of the seam and it would just pull right through!!

Now, she just has to look at the block and see if it works for her!!  Then I will be working on ANOTHER project!!  Woo! Hoo!!

Everyone enjoy your Friday!!

4 comments:

Sue Niven said...

It is a fabulous block. I hope your machine gets better soon.

Deb said...

Isn't it great to be able to shop from your stash? Your block looks great. I hope your sewing machine is feeling better soon!

Denise :) said...

It's always an incredible blessing to not just do what you enjoy, but to be paid for it, too!! :)

elliek said...

Love the block and I'm sure you will do a great job. Great to be paid too!!! My machine was doing the same thing this am with the tension, must be catching lol