Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another Fun Swap in the Works!!

I joined Beth over at her blog Eva Paige Quilt Designs for her Scrappy New Year Group Project.  We are each supposed to make 4 blocks from a pattern she designed on Electric Quilt and then we will get back three blocks and she will use the 4th block for a group quilt.  This is a way for us to use up some scraps!!


These are my blocks.  I chose 4 old FQs of "Paris Flea Market" by 3 Sisters that have been sitting around for years.


I decided to paper-piece the blocks, so I made a template of 1/4th of the block and then


they will get sewn together to make a really cute block.  I am always amazed at how many blocks can be paper-pieced and how much easier it is for me to do the piecing!!

I am not sure if all 4 finished blocks will be the same fabric or if I am really going to go into my stash to find more fabrics!!  I'll let you know!!

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

What gorgeous fabrics! And what a fun swap this will be! I haven't done anything paper-pieced for a while. I may have to pull something out to play with! :)

Deb said...

What a fun swap!! I am looking forward to watching your blocks!