Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Flimsie is Going to Be a Gift.

I don't have health insurance and so whenever I can I get a massage and call that my health insurance.  Pretty good excuse, huh??

Well, the guy that we have been going to is a very nice man and he truly has healing hands.  Paying for his services is not really a true way of saying thank you, so I decided to make a quilt that he could use on his table.  That way, everyone that gets a massage can say thank you too.


His entire office is in earth tones - ya, know, nice and soothing and medatative.  So, I thought I would pull my batiks out and make a nice earth tone quilt.


Ok, ok, so what one would normally call earth tones it is not, but I do see the sky and the ocean and the pink clouds of a spectacular sunset, the red rocks around St. George, the spring green of grass, the gold in the autumn leaves and so much more.  Anyway, I am going to back it in a dull color so if he really wants muted he can use the back side!!!  Hope he likes it!!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks earth tone to me. I can't imagine he wouldn't like it.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I think it would be perfect in a setting such as a massage studio. Very sweet gesture!

Unknown said...

Looks great! I bet he will love it. :)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful! (and I'm sure he will love it, too!)
xoxo
Donna

elliek said...

Looks pretty good to me. Think he will like it.