Saturday, November 23, 2019

First Day of Experiment!!

Ok, so today is the first day of my process to get some of my own sewing done each day!!

Today I took one of 2 Regent Street 2016 Jelly Rolls and cut it all up into 2-1/2 inch squares.  This Jelly Roll is a sweet "Liberty of London" looking collection and I have wanted to do something with these Jelly Rolls for a long time.


After cutting them up I threw them into a basket and gave them good toss!!


This is the gridded interfacing I use to make beautiful blocks!!


And this is how I am going to lay out the blocks ~


I also started working through my stash for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt!!

Tomorrow is Sunday so I will be finding some fun Slow Stitchin' to do and then get back to my one hour of fun on Monday!! 

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like fun, Kris! Love the copper basket of squares. Pretty and functional!
I've used that gridded interfacing on a mini quilt--I think it is much better suited to 2 1/2" squares.
I wish you well on your venture of an hour a day. I know I couldn't do that right now so I won't set myself up for failure. :)

Annie said...

I’ll second Janet’s comments, Kris. So glad to have someone else I know making the Bonnie Hunter Mystery! Annie

Denise :) said...

What fun! I'd love to gift myself an hour a day!! I settle for 15 minutes, and sometimes it expands into the 60! LOL! Can't wait to see your fabric choices for the mystery!!! :)