Monday, October 1, 2018

It's Been Over a Month . . .

since I have had the time to post anything other than my Saturday Smiles.  I know I am busy, busy, busy all day long but at the end of the day, I am hard pressed to see any progress in any of the different aspects of my life!!

I am happy to say that I am going to team up with a friend from Quilt Guild who is letting me share her table at the up-coming Langlois Craft Fair the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I am trying to not only make some baby quilts but I decided to set my hand to some coiled fabric bowls.


The first three that I made were made with some cording from JoAnn's that someone had given me.  They look fine but the cording was soft and the bowls look a bit squished.  And as you might be able to see, I am not really sure how I am going to finish off the top row.  I am thinking a nice large metal or seashell button might be nice.

Dill Button

So, I bought some cotton clothes line and it is much stiffer and makes for a much prettier bowl.  This practice one made out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics is for a friend who loves Kaffe.


On this one I put a fun Longaburger charm that says HOPE to finish it off.


I wrap the cord at night while I am watching baseball and then sew up the basket or trivia or bowl the next day.

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

What pretty bowls! You are always up to something new.