Thursday, May 31, 2018

My First OMG - One Monthly Goal . . .

was quite the challenge for me.  Because this Mystery Quilt was one of the first projects I ever attempted and that was over 12 years ago, I ran into some challenges.

First, here is what I have today ~


My first hurdle, which I did not get over was finding all the fabric!!  Let's see, in the past 12+ years I have moved nine times.  So, I am thinking the rest of the fabric that I cannot find is somewhere in some box located who knows where!!  I thought it was all in one place but nope, no such luck!!

My second hurdle was how poorly I sewed and pieced when I first started and then on top of that, how poorly I pressed (or didn't press as the case may be).  So, in finishing up some of the star blocks, I laughed and laughed and laughed!!  It was quite the experience!!

Now, I have to decide what to do if I can't find the extra fabric which is the green fabric that makes up the sashing between the blocks going right to left.  If I remember (and it makes sense) there was also a green sashing between the rows and then of course a border which I think was also supposed to be the green fabric.

After getting it up on my new little design wall, I am kind of liking the no sashing running across the rows.  Any opinions?

So, the nice thing about getting the May OMG finished as far as I can is that tomorrow is June and I can start another OMG while looking for the green fabric for this quilt.  It IS kinda cute and I am always amazed at quilters who put together Mystery Quilts!!

Linking up to Elm Street Quilts ONE MONTHLY GOAL finish for May!!
It's fun to see what everyone accomplished this month!!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks for checking out my first OMG!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the colors. I think I may have some quilts like that and I may have only moved 2 or 3 times. But I have moved areas in this house 4 times and each time I misplace things. LOL

Patty said...

Lovely quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.