Tuesday, December 5, 2017

I Have Started Playing!!

I have started taking things out to the Studio because we finally got the moisture leaks all sealed up!! Well, at least my sweet brother Kelly got them all sealed up!!  Yay, Kelly!!

This is what you see when you first walk in the door.  Those industrial tables (there are two of them backed up to each other) will be my work table and cutting table.



As you walk in to the right are my machines - sewing and sit-down long arm - Fredricka.


At the back of the studio will be another work table (under the hung quilt) and my little refrigerator!! On either side of the quilt going along the two side walls will be my two large racks for bolts of fabric.  I am not putting them up until the electrician comes in and gets all of the socks and switches in the walls.  Everything else I can pull away from the wall for him to have the open space he needs but the shelves of fabric are wayyyyyy too heavy to move once they are full.


Under the windows on the east wall is my cute little antique round table and chairs for friends to come sew or chat or eat with me!!  I can see right now I need to make a cute table topper for that sweet table!!


There is also my ironing board and some shelves on the north wall that I am sure will be full, full full before I know it!!


Both work tables have three drawers and sleeves underneath for more storage.  And locking wheels so I can keep them stable or move them around as needed.  Not a lot of room to move around as needed but the thought is fun!!


As you can see, I'm a long ways from having it finished but it is now usable and a quilt is going on the work table tomorrow to be sandwiched for Fredricka!!

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Where did you find those work tables?!? LOVE them!!
So fun to see your new space. I wish I could still drop by, so I could sew at your little table--and bring some treats along.

Cheryl said...

Oh, my! Everything is coming together so beautifully! I love the tables, but oh, my! That quilt! It is just beyond beautiful. What a talented lady you are! It is so nice to see the almost-finished product of your special space, and I know you will spend many happy hours there. :)

Tammy J said...

Very cool tables. I would love to have a studio, so fun to get away to it! I got your package on Monday. What a loving surprise! I totally didn't expect that! I miss you too and I'm glad I get to see your progress here.

KaHolly said...

It’s going to be glorious! Love those tables! Yay for clever brothers! Wish I had one!

elliek said...

Wish I could come and sew at your little table. Will have to be a virtual visit😒

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your work tables are fabulous. I am wondering too where you got them. Glad you got the water problem figured out. I was thinking of you the other day wondering if it had been resolved. Bet it feels good to almost be ready to sew.