Friday, October 7, 2016

Going to Try Something New . . .

This afternoon I got a box of fabrics from mode and as we were pulling out each bolt, my brother said, "oh man, that one would make a gorgeous couch."

This is the one he was speaking of~


So, we discussed it and then heaeded over to the D.I. (Deseret Industries) to see if they had any couchs that might work well.  Why, yes, they did and for only $25.00!!

This is the couch we brought home ~


I like this one because of the basic shape and it was not a full-size couch, which would have been a bit large for our livingroom.  But it was also not a loveseat.

It needs back cushions and those pillows will go but I think it will work well.  I am going to quilt the fabric first with a meandering stitch to give it a bit more strength.

I'll keep you posted!!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I do love that fabric!
What a brave adventure, Kris! Have you ever done any upholstering before?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the style of the couch and love the fabric. This will be quite an undertaking and I look forward to watching your progress.

Denise :) said...

Wow -- what a project! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

elliek said...

Looks like a very comfy couch... and yep I can drive stick too!!!