Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bucket List Dream Come True!!

Not too many times in our lives to we get the chnace to have a major dream come true, but I sure had the opportunity this past week when I was fortunate enough to attend a Kaffe Fassett Retreat down in Draper (Utah).

Oh, my gosh, I don't think I have ever had so much fun being away from home for 5 days!!


The first night we watched a slide show presentation by Kaffe.  We learned how he came to the world of textiles after starting with designing sweater and needlepoint patterns.  Afterwards, Kaffe and Brandon signed books!!  Lots and lots of books!!



This is Brandon Mably, Kaffe's cohort and a very, very funny man!!

The following are pictures of the work room during the two workshops I attended:










The energy was electric for two full days and into the night.


This quilt was a modern version of the Sunny Snowball workshop on Friday.


This is Yrta from Taos, New Mexico.  She was a hoot and her quilts were so dramatic - just like her!!


This is my roommate, Laurie with her second Snowball quilt!!  She was darling, sweet and full, full, full of youthful energy!!  Laurie came all the way from New Orleans.

Our retreat was the first one at Quilter's Lodge, which did not get completed before we started the retreat.  The gutters were being poured during the last day of the retreat.  We all got to put our hand prints into the wet concrete to commerate the first retreat held at this gorgeous Lodge ~


I have more pictures but I took them on my camera and since I am nowhere near as smart as my smart phone, I need to figure out how to get them off the camera and onto my computer!!  So stay tuned for pictures of more of the quilt tops from both workshops!!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am SO glad you had the chance to fulfill this dream, Kris!
Looks like a beautiful place--plenty of space. You can tell people were VERY happy to be there.
Love the handprints. : )

elliek said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Some how I missed this post. Looks like wonderful time and what a great place to create in.

jan said...

Woohoo! That is so awesome Kris! KF is on my Quilty Bucket list too! Looks like you had a great time!
xo jan