Friday, September 27, 2013

And The Winner of the $25.00 Shopping Spree Is . . .

Oh, wow, I had such a hard time trying to decide who gave me the best advise about labels on our quilts because all of the commenters gave me such great information and I truly do appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to pound out a comment!!  :-))

I had a specific goal in that I am putting together a project in which the Quilt Label will play a major role.  So, with that in mind . . .


The winner is Luba (no blog)!!  :-))

Here is what she shared:

Oh, Kris - what a great post!! I do make a label for every quilt I make (and I'm going to start making them for the small projects too) because my Aunt told me to!! I have quilt books that she's given me and others I've found at yard sales and there are so many "unknown" quilts in those books!! Some people don't realize the "value" or origin of a quilt if it doesn't have a label. YES - you should totally make labels for your mom & dad's quilts!! And, I would say - make them elaborate! You are so creative and do amazing work. I know they will be gorgeous! I just went and checked the "collaborative sampler" that my Aunt and I did together - I wish I would have been more wordy on that label. From now on, I will! And, maybe I'll start doing more than one label so it isn't so big. I've done mine hand written but I have also been using the monogram setting on my Janome to create my labels. Some day I will do them by hand too. Mine ALWAYS say... "Created With Love" by Luba - some form of my name at the time and the date. My Aunt also keeps an album of all of hers with 1-3 photos, name of the pattern, who it was for and where she lived at the time. She told me to put where I live on my labels too and I really wish I would have since I've lived in Maine, Massachusetts and now New Mexico since I started quilting. Live and learn right?! Thank you for making me think a little more about this important topic! 

Luba, please email me before you go on your spending spree!!

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughtful comments!!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations to the winner and thank you for hosting.

elliek said...

Well done Luba enjoy the spending spree.

Unknown said...

Oops posted this on Saturday's Smile... I am so excited!! I read all the comments and they were all wonderful and really got me thinking. I hope others will be encouraged to do more labeling as well. I'll shoot you an email. :-)