Monday, February 4, 2013

My First February UFO Has Been Chosen!!

or should I say it chose me!!


I know, I know, it's another strip quilt but they are so fast and easy and this quilt is going to be part of the live charity auction for the Children's Justice Center here in Logan.  Quilt was made with Howard Marcus' Collection for a Cause - Warmth Jelly Roll.

I am going to back it in this darling vintage fabric that came from Howard Marcus' Collections Alliance ~


And the best part of this type of UFO is that it has a due date  - this coming Saturday night - and so it HAS to morph into a real quilt!!  Woo! Hoo!!

On Thurday, I am going to link up with ~

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

That armoire makes a nice display case!
Wow, nothing like having a looming deadline. I wish I had quilts ready for worthy causes like that!
Had dinner at Jack's Pizza tonight with DH and our two twenty-something sons--one of whom has a birthday this week. Sat in the same booth we were in for your b'day. Must be the birthday booth. : )

elliek said...

I'm sure the quilt will be well received. Also good when you have a deadline. Do not want o count my UFO's as there are too many.

elliek said...

I'm sure the quilt will be well received. Also good when you have a deadline. Do not want o count my UFO's as there are too many.

Lynne said...

What a great reason to get the quilt finished!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love Jelly Roll quilts and when you do the mitered corners on the strips you have so many delectable half square triangles which can use!

Deanna said...

Simple and finished is much better than complicated and waiting...

Chris said...

I love jelly roll quilts. Fast fun and easy.

Linda in Calif. said...

This Saturday huh? Well, that means you are going to be cooking with gas to get this done. It was be much appreciated. And yes, the backing is adorable too. Good luck getting it finished.

Denise :) said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! What a great choice and an even greater destination for it, Kris!! :)