Friday, November 30, 2012

New International Siggy Swap Siggy!!

With my two moves these past few months and everything else that seems to be keeping me from quilting, I could not find my little International Siggy Swap siggies and so I decided that since I am soooooooooooooo far behind in returning siggies for the ones I have recieved since May, I decided I had better get to making a new one.


I have been so excited about seeing all the embroidery that is going on out there in Blogsville, I decided I wanted to do an embroidered siggy this time with a little beaded bee at the bottom.

The beehive is the Utah state emblem.  Here is a little blurb on the beehive from Utah.com ~


Emblem and Motto

Emblem and MottoThe Beehive and word "industry" became the official motto and emblem for Utah on March 4, 1959. Industry is associated with the symbol of the beehive. The early pioneers had few material resources at their disposal and therefore had to rely on their own "industry" to survive. The beehive was chosen as the emblem for the provisional State of Deseret in 1848 and was maintained along with the word "industry" on the seal and flag when Utah became a state in 1896.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Hey, Kris, it is good to see you come up for air! : )
I love what you did here--especially the little beaded bee. Just the perfect touch!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

So pretty! makes me want to swap again with you:-)

Doniene said...

One of the prettiest siggys I've seen! Great job!!

Jeanneke said...

Would you like to swap again, Kris?:>)
Your new siggy is pretty!
Cheers,

Jeanneke.