Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Postage Stamp Quilt

I have been seeing these darling postage stamp quilts all ove blogland and I really wanted to try one but they seemed so intimidating.  Well, when Deanna over at Wedding Dress Blue did a tutorial on the postage stamp quilts, I decided I would give one a try.  So, I decided that I would make a doll quilt size for my partner in the Doll quilt Swap that I am a member of.  Here is what I came up with ~
Now this quilt is small - 19" x 15" and the little postage stamps are 1-1/2" finished. I loved making this little quilt - it was fun and quite easy and so now I am not afraid of trying a larger one - SOMEDAY!!!

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love making small quilts, but would like to try some with smaller pieces, can't hurt to try. Your piece came out beautifully.

Debbie

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great mini postage stamp quilt!

elliek said...

Great little quilt. I made a 12.5" block with 1.5" squares... 144 different fabrics! What a challenge.Good fun though.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love the postage stamps!

Melody said...

A fabulous little quilt

Denise :) said...

How darling!! Okay, I'll put this on my list for one of my doll swap quilts, too!! :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ooooooooooo! I have always loved those! A friend of mine made a kings sized one! None of the pieces were the same. She collected all those little pieces for years. It was crazy awesome!