Wednesday, August 22, 2012

After . . .

I have always loved how different a quilt looks before it is quilted and then after it is quilted and the binding is on.  Now that I am learning to do the quilting myself ~ and I have a long, long way to go before my quilting looks professional ~ it is even more intriguing to me.

I have a mid-arm that I am using as a table top machine and it has no regulator, so my stitches, depending on how heavy my foot is on the pedal, are large and small and everything inbetween.  I have been told that it will just take practice and I keep telling my foot that, but it seems to have a mind of it's own!!

Anyone have any suggestions they might like to share??  :-))

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful fabrics and I always love how the quilting really makes the quilt more special. I got some books form the library with quilting designs, so I can get to work on the tops I made.

Debbie

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

No suggestions, as I am just starting to machine quilt.. all hand quilting before that.. but that turned out beautifully! :o)
xo

elliek said...

I am so bad at quilting myself but I am told that it's a matter of practice, practice and more practice.Oh and breathe! It looks pretty good to me.

Nancy said...

Love your quilt. I am very partial to Kaffe fabrics.
Can't help with quilting suguestions except just keep doing it. Although that hasn't seemed to help me much.