Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Postcards for the Carol Doaks Postcard Swap are Done!!

Woo! Hoo!  And boy did I have fun making them.  These are the first postcards I have ever made so I tried all different edges and different post card faces.
Now, all 6 of these postcard fronts may look exactly alike but if you look closely at the diamond piece in the middle you will see that I used a large Kaffe Fassett print and so each triangle is different.
Also, if you look closely, you can also see that I tried different stitches for the edges and finally decided that the one on Nina's postcard is the one I like the best.

I am taking them down to the post office Monday morning so that I can have them hand-cancelled.  And look all the fun stamps I used - a different one for each postcard!!  I hope the recipients like them as much as I do!!

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely cards. I didn't join in this time around, but enjoying seeing some of the cards sent and received. I don't usually put a stamp on them - have them hand metered so don't have to worry about the stamps coming off.

Mary said...

Great job!! I love how they turned out. I am sure they will be very well liked!!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful cards and designs. I still need to try some.

Debbie

Deb said...

Wow!! Those are great postcards!! I have only dabbled in creating them and haven't ever been brave enough to have them hand stamped...I usually end up putting them in another envelope!! Great job for your first postcard endeavor!

Deb

Melody said...

These are brilliant.

Quiltjane said...

They look fantastic. I have always wanted to learn how to make the postcards. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Those are fabulous! What fun!
xx, shell

Chris said...

Wow!! They turned out stunning! I am sure they will be loved by who ever gets them.

Nedra said...

These turned out really cute Kris! I especially like the Kaffe fabric in the middle.