Monday, August 15, 2011

My First Hexies for The Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap

are all done and I think they turned out pretty darn cute!!  My swap partner wanted 1930's reproduction fabric and so I decided to find some fabric pieces that I could fussy cut.


But I am a bit nervous about sending these off to Australia because these will be the very first hexies that anyone else has ever seen the back of.


I have just learned to do these little cuties and I have looked at several tutorials on making them but I have really just done my own thing with them and I hope they are properly done!!  I will find out in a few weeks when my swap partner receives them!!

Have a wonderful week where ever you might be quilting!!!

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful hexies. I worked on my christmas ones, but I poke my finger so much, I can only work a few hours, so hard to get much done.

Debbie

Annette said...

They look great to me. Very pretty!

Mary said...

I think they look great. You should see How mine look. They are the way I was orginally shown. They do become addictive. A great hand project.

Nedra said...

Grandmother's Flower Garden with lots of hexie flowers is the first quilt I ever made. I've taught a lot of classes on the technique. Lori Holt has a great tutorial on sewing hexies too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great hexies - we are too critical of ourselves. I'm sure she will love them.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I don't think there really is a right way or a wrong way to make hexies. Yours are adorable!!!

Melody said...

They are wonderful.Well done.

Nancy said...

I just finished a GFG with applique flowers and vines on the border. it is a fons & Porter pattern in their magazine. Your hexies look great. what a fun swap you are doing and i like how you fussy cut the fabrics.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You did a fantastic job! I love how you fussy cut the fabrics. Your swapping buddy will love them!
xx, shell