Monday, June 6, 2011

Fun, Fun Weekend

I was a busy girl on Saturday.  Last month when Regena and I took our road trip up to Long Beach, Washington, we stopped in at the local Humane Society, the South Pacific County Humane Society, a community-supported and -funded no-kill-shelter.  I spoke with Stacy and asked her how we could help.  Well, of course money was her first answer, but I had to tell her that I don't have a lot of money but I do have a lot of fabric!!!

Stacy told me it was "kitty" season, so, I offered to make some kitty quilts to go home with the adopted kitties!!  I spent all day Saturday cutting and sewing 10 tops - here are a couple of them:



They are each going to be 18" x 18".  I am going to learn how to use my new Pfaff Hobby 1200 without its quilting table and see if I can do some free motion quilting.


I am hoping to get some of these little cuties quilted before we go down to Arizona on Thursday to visit family.  That way, I will have some bindings to put on while visiting.

Sunday was spent at Church and with friends and family!!

Hope your weekend was just what you wanted it to be!!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a fun project - great stash buster too. Would love a photo of a Kitty with quilt.

Nancy said...

How sweet you are. I love kitties. I can't even go near them at pet smart for fear of wanting to take them home.