Friday, March 11, 2011

Open! Open! Open!!

I was right there at the doors waiting to go in an pick out my solids and mottled solids.  Here is what I found:

Hopefully these solids will mute the brightness of the colors I chose.  I think I am going to use the black more than the other colors.

The next step is to now create the "Strata".  The Strata are striped fabrics that will measure approximately 10" x 42".  So, if you look at the picture above, Ricky would call that a Strata.  I am going to need 5 different matching pairs of Strata - 10 Strata total.  This is how each and every Kool Kaleidoscope is completely different from every other one on the planet!!

3 comments:

Carol G said...

As Ricky would say "Whoo-hoo!" Let the fun begin :-)

Auntie Em said...

Looks like great fabric to play with. You might want to make just a couple sets of strata and work with them until you see where you want to go with the rest.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the fabrics - what fun!