Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I started quilting about 6 years ago.  I made a quilt top out of some fun kid type fabrics and  I also learned to paper-piece.  Sue Baddley of Summit Creek Quilts and I became friends some time in 2004 when we both lived in the San Francisco bay area and she introduced me to paper-piecing and the Dear Jane quilt by Brenda Papadakis. After finishing the top and getting a couple of Dear Jane blocks and a a couple of Nearly Insane blocks, my life went into a tizzy and I stopped quilting for about 4 years. Once my life settled down a bit I started my little eBay store The Quilting Garden and I started out by selling Aurifil thread because I loved how it made my blocks look so good and because it is a two ply thread, the seams in my little 4 inch blocks did not bulk up like they did when I used other threads.  Then I moved on to selling some fabric and I made little quilt kits.

Now that I am essentially unemployed because I am helping my Dad these days, I decided to go big time and I am now selling some of the nicest fabric out there - Kaffe Fassett and some of the fabrics I have been collecting over the years.  While I was opening boxes and cleaning things out, I found my first quilt top!!!  It was so fun as I had not seen it in years and it was like opening a present on my birthday.

I sent the top up to Sue Baddley and she quilted it quickly and got it right back in the mail to me.  It took me a few days to get the binding on it but now it is done and I am going to hang it over at my studio!!!  How fun!!!  My very first quilt is finally complete, complete, complete!!

No comments: